Please find below our practices relating to the process of data at Private Cellar Ltd and Private Cellar Reserves LLP (“We”).
The security of your data is very important to us and we are committed to respecting your privacy. We are very conscious of the importance of this issue and if you have any questions concerning the way in which we handle your personal information please contact us.
We do not purchase mailing lists and under no circumstances would we sell any data to third parties.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be used by us. By placing an order with us, on-line at www.privatecellar.co.uk, in person, by telephone, post or e-mail, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The Data Controller is Private Cellar Limited and Private Cellar Reserves LLP of 57 High Street, Wicken, Cambridgeshire CB7 5XR
We collect and process personal information when you provide us with your registration details on-line, place an order with us, or E-mail or telephone us with a request to be added to our mailing list. This personal information will be used to process your order efficiently and to provide you with information about products, goods and services that we offer. We may also contact you to notify you of changes to our service and if you hold wine reserves with Private Cellar Reserves LLP, we will contact you annually with your storage invoice and an update to our terms of service.
It is important to let you know that you can unsubscribe from any marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the message and you can ask to be removed from our mailing list at any time by calling 01353 721 999 or e-mailing email@example.com.
We collect the following necessary personal information when transacting a sale, in order to open an account for you and deliver your order efficiently. This enables us to carry out our obligations arising from the contract entered into between you and Private Cellar:
- Your name, address and delivery address
- Your e-mail address (your order confirmation and our marketing e-mails are sent here)
- Your contact telephone number
- Your fax number (if relevant)
- Your wine preferences
- Your credit card / payment details *
- Details of where wine orders may be left safely and securely and with your consent
Please note that we may approach a credit reference agency to verify your address.
* We do not keep your credit card details on file and these are processed securely via a password secured payment gateway.
Use of personal information
We use personal information for the purposes of:
- Transacting a sale and delivering goods
- Identifying potential customers
- Compiling information about our customer database
- Maintaining our database
- Providing you with information about the products and services we offer
Personal information collected will only be used by Private Cellar Ltd, Private Cellar Reserves LLP and their agents and will not be disclosed to third parties without prior consent. In the very rare situation when we may need to protect your interests or where your data is required for legal or official purposes, or in order to enforce or apply terms and conditions of sale, we will inform you before sharing any details. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our employees will have access to your personal information in order to carry out our obligations to process your orders. They are under contractual obligation to keep all customer and supplier data secure and appropriate measures are taken to ensure this.
Companies which may have access to elements of your data in order to carry out our contractual obligations to process your orders or contact you via e-mail are:
- London City Bond: our delivery and storage service provider
- Infotex: a website provider
- Eppiq Marketing: a website provider
- Pay360.com: for processing our on-line payments
- Payzoneonlinepayments.com: for processing credit card payments
- Reasonably Good and createsend.com: our e-mail marketing providers
- Vintner Systems Ltd: our wine system provider which enables us to process orders and credits, manage stocks and customer reserves and report on sales trends
- Wine Owners: the providers of our wine reserves reporting system at www.privatecellarreserves.co.uk
All of our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. They are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes and we only permit them access to the specific data required in order to carry out our contractual obligations.
Where we store your data
Your data is stored on our secure servers. Payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology and passwords are required to access any data.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected breach of security of your data and will notify you immediately – and any applicable regulator – of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Where we have given you a password for www.privatecellar.co.uk or www.privatecellarreserves.co.uk, you are responsible for keeping this confidential. We ask that you do not share your password with a third party. Whilst shopping with www.privatecellar.co.uk, your browser will confirm that you are shopping in a secure environment by showing a locked padlock icon or an image of a key in the bar at the base of your screen. If you do not see either image and continue with your transaction, you will be proceeding at your own risk.
Cookie usage on www.privatecellar.co.uk
Links to other websites
Personal information collected will only be used by Private Cellar Ltd, Private Cellar Reserves LLP and their agents and will not be disclosed to third parties without prior consent.
How long do we keep your data
We will only keep your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes at any point.
- You have a right of access to all information we hold about you.
- You have a right to correct any information we hold about you.
- You have a right to request erasure of your personal information, where there is no good reason for us to continue to store it.
- You have a right to request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
- You have a right to withdraw consent to the processing, collection and transfer of your personal information at any time.
If you wish to see a record of the data we hold for you, review, amend, withdraw consent for the use of your data or request erasure of your data, please write to:
Private Cellar Ltd
57 High Street
T: 01353 721 999
We will respond to all data requests within 30 days from application and there is usually no fee applied to this request. However, if a request is clearly unfounded or there are excessive requests, we may charge a reasonable fee.
Amended: 24th May 2018